The Return On Your Investment
As with any investment, you should think about the what you get for your money. Here are 5 reasons why investing in the Changemaker Sprint program will save your family money when you enter college:
- On average, you are much more likely to graduate college in 4 years
- Language skills = college credit
- You will have much more clarity on what to study
- Students who did a gap year program had higher GPAs in college
- Internship experience will help you with full-time job opportunities
Changemaker Sprint Program Cost
What is the cost of the Changemaker program?
Changemaker Sprint has a tuition rate of $6,950 USD.
What is included in the cost of the program?
Below is what is included for the $6,950 USD tuition rate for the eight-week Changemaker Sprint program:
- Pick up from San Jose international airport and drop-off at the end of the 8-week program
- Lodging with your host family in Ciudad Colon for 8 weeks, including breakfast and dinner with them during this period of time.
- Small group Spanish classes for an 8-week period
- Placement in an internship for a 6-week period
- The online course ‘Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Social Change’ with the UPEACE Centre for Executive Education
- Three weekend trips in Costa Rica (beach, volcano, and rainforest)
- Six hands-on workshops on the skills and mindset of Changemaking
How can I pay for the Changemaker program?
Several options exist to help finance your Changemaker Gap program. The American Gap Year Association http://www.americangap.org/financial-aid.php publishes some inspiring examples of ways students can fund their experience. Other ideas include:
- Fundraising activities
- Applying for a fellowship to external funders
- $500 Scholarship from Changemaker
I feel so determined and energetic when I learn about all these things for running a social enterprise.
The course materials, the discussions, and Mohit’s classes were all very interesting.
I think all the field visits, speakers, and Mohit’s stories helped me learn best because it was great to see and hear real life examples.