Skills You Will Gain
The program will help you develop the skills needed to be a social entrepreneur. By the end of this program you will have developed:
- The business plan for an organization that you plan to start OR
- A new program/innovation for the organization where you will complete your internship
In order to do this, you will learn:
– Problem Identification
– Design Thinking
– Business Model generation
A Social Innovation Mindset
Just as important as the skills that you’ll gain from the experience is the mindset of a Changemaker.
By the end of your time in Costa Rica, you will have:
- A “Can Do” approach to problem solving and a critical approach to analyzing complex issues
- A much clearer sense of what your top strengths are and how to use them in what you plan to do next
- A deep understanding of Appreciative Inquiry and how to apply that approach in creating the change you’d like to see in the world
- A healthy relationship with failure, not as something to fear, but as an indication that you have tried something difficult and have the potential to learn from that experience
- A sense that you are indeed in charge of your own future!